Religion, Money and Politics. The three things I was once told not to discuss at work. Oh and Motorcycles. Obviously.

Tuesday 5 April 2011

The Lib-Dems are "Too Male and Too Pale", apparently!

...And they're too liberal as well if you ask me, but that's utterly beside the point!

So anyway, I discovered an old copy of The Times at work and I thought I'd have a good old read of it over lunch. And I came across this slightly silly-sounding headline...

The Lib-Dems are "Too Male and Too Pale"

So ladies and gentlemen, we are being told most Liberals are white and male. Wowee what a shock! Quick Mister N, better hire some token women/blacks/asians/oompa-loompas/cabbages (delete as applicable!)
I jest. But honestly, that's exactly what the party say they plan on doing! Well maybe not oompa-loompas, cabbages potentially, but not oompa-loompas.
Honestly guys, who cares if you're all white blokes? You're politicians, not a girl-band! Could you kindly start acting like politicians and cease caring about gender, or the colour of peoples skin? It stopped being a problem many years ago, and there is no reason for it to become one again.

I'll be honest, personally, I really wouldn't give a toss if the lib-dems were all orange-skinned transvestites called Barbara, with a penchant for wearing bananas as earrings...as long as they do the job we're paying them to do!

"Positive Discrimination" indeed! Now I'm sure there's an Old English word for positive discrimination, ah yes, I remember it, "bullshit".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, anyone can comment!