Religion, Money and Politics. The three things I was once told not to discuss at work. Oh and Motorcycles. Obviously.

Tuesday 26 April 2011

The AV, or in English, The Alternative Vote

I had a leaflet through my door the other day encouraging me to "say NO to AV". Allow me if you will, dear reader, to talk you through my thoughts upon reading this...

"Oh, that's a good idea. The AV button on Mums telly never worked properly, and mine doesn't work at all....Hang on a minute, why would people be protesting about dodgy tellys? Oh it must be something to do with the airport again, AV, Aviance..." Break for coffee and look at leaflet again once actually awake "...oh! The Alternative Vote! Why didn't they bloody say so?"

So, broken tellys aside, what are my thoughts on the matter?
Well, I can't really see the point it bothering to fiddle with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And is it necessarily broke? I can't say I'm convinced, unless of course you voted Labour, in which case perhaps the current system could be a blessing in disguise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, anyone can comment!